The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and in 2012–13 individual schools were allocated funding for children from low-income families who were eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
This budget allocation is used productively to ensure significant impact in learning outcomes for pupils from these groups.
Examples of this are:
- providing additional staff beyond required ratios to ensure low adult to pupil ratios / small class sizes
- providing additional teaching 1 to 1 and in small groups both within and beyond school hours (including holiday periods)
- curriculum enhancement through additional learning opportunities such as playing musical instruments; visits from specialists to deliver themes, supplements to reduce costs of educational visits off-site; enhancement of IT facilities to ensure all pupils have full access to the internet through personal notepads and iPads;
- promotion of sporting opportunities which are fully inclusive.
- purchase of personalised resources on a needs basis.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.